What resources can we offer you?
Here are some of the questions we intend to answer:
- How do I respond to people that say they have nothing to hide and aren’t concerned with privacy at all?
- What do I need to know and how to tell others about unauthorized data collection? What are its consequences?
- How do I stay safe while browsing and searching the web?
- How do I choose software that encrypts my information and keeps it safe?
- How do I communicate securely with family, friends, co-workers?
- Where is the line between public and private information?
We are accepting suggestions for content and guests for sessions that can guide us through the labyrinth of options.
- You can come to our workshop, learn something useful, and share your expertise by telling us your perspective on the discussed subjects and entering feedback
- You can suggest an instructional video, movie, documentary, or reading on privacy, digital trust, or data equity
- You can make a presentation and lead a discussion on a product, service, or topic related to our workshop
- You can do some outreach through online channels or by sending emails or posting on social media about our workshop
When considering presentations and other materials for the workshop we will be looking at their correctness, utility for individuals and cooperators, and balanced tone of presentation respectful to the audience.
Videos from past meetings
2021 June 17th
2021 June 24th
2021 September 15th
2021 September 29th
- Rob Braxman’s analysis of cookies and other tracking methods used by the Ad Tech
- What cookies are and how to manage them
2021 October 20th
- How do we regain control of our data? What is surveillance capitalism?-Harvard professor Shoshana Zuboff
- GDPR – Requirements for Terms of service
Recorded Privacy Data Workshop-Live Presenters
2021 November 3rd
The Hated One : Mass surveillance is a backdoor into freedom of speech. Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. And absolute power corrupts absolutely. I am not a professional. I just try to spread the message I believe is important. I am non-partisan. I always will be. (Use Youtube link if Invidiious is blocked)
Robert Braxman : the Internet Privacy Guy, a public interest hacker, and technologist who uses his extensive knowledge of cybersecurity and tech to serve the public good. Robert cares about privacy and warns you of digital manipulation, disinformation, mass surveillance.
Links to safety resources
- https://www.digitalsafetea.com/ (it’s a game!)
- https://huaira.org/medios/shigradigital (translations)
For More Details about how your Browser is being tracked:
Best Information Security Podcasts to Follow in 2019 https://digitalguardian.com/blog/best-information-security-podcasts
Data & Society Podcast – Conversations about the Power of Technology and the Societal Implications of Data and Automation https://listen.datasociety.net
COVID-19 Privacy & Data Protection Resources https://sites.google.com/fpf.org/covid-19-privacy-resources